Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Racism

One of the big things I learned during my year at p6 is that racism is real. Thanks to Craig Nulan (cnulan). I can't find the thread, or I'd link it.

It's not a thing of the past.

But what to make of that is far from clear.

To some, establishing that racism is real implies, QED, that blacks need/deserve what we call affirmative action. I didn't follow that.

But the really curious point, which I remain stuck on, is the notion that "white people collectively are racist but individually, personally, there's nothing which can be done".

It's curious because, once cnulan had stimulated my grasp of the issue, I had come to believe that individual white people could make a difference.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't find the thread, or I'd link it.

http://www.prometheus6.org/node/8581

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home